SPNW is soliciting proposals for the regional congress May 15th in Portland.
It would be ideal for those proposals to be in the hands of the congress chair, Oswald Norton, by April 15, only 3 days away.
Member Proposal Format
- Summary: What is the proposal about? What will be done, by whom, how, over what period of time? What is the problem/need? Who will the outcomes benefit?
- Statement of Need: What is the issue that you are addressing and why does it matter? Why is what you propose necessary? What is the void in Knowledge? Who benefits?
- Project Activity, Methodology and Outcomes: Why did you choose to address the issue in the manner that you have? Are there other approaches? If so, why aren’t they appropriate to the situation? What are the specific activities involved? Who will do them?
- Evaluation: Essential piece that should be both quantitative and qualitative, if feasible. Outline clearly the methodology that you will use to assess the project’s success.
- Dissemination: Dissemination should be linked to your project goals and objectives. If you are trying to affect policy, your dissemination plan should target policy-makers, media, and affected populations. Describe your communication strategy.
- Budget and Continuation Funding: Show your budget in table form and use a budget narrative to explain each item.
Please also consider testing how you might serve our region.
The outgoing chair has offered to mentor the incoming chair, and the board members of each center will not change.
Test questions on serving the region will be provided by the Regional Helpers to center helpers on May 1st. Local helpers will then offer to test these questions with members after latihans leading up to the Regional Congress. All members are encouraged to participate in this testing.
Shall the Congress Include a virtual Component? – Please Respond By Friday
All current members of Subud PNW should have received an email asking them to consider a change to our current bylaws to allow for a virtual – as well as personal – attendance. Please see the article on the Subud PNW website for more details. Please Respond By Friday!