EVERY SUNDAY, at 11:50 or so, you can go to Zoom and meet with other Subud Greater Seattle members.
Topic: SUBUD zoom’s Zoom Meeting
Time: May 31, 2020 11:50 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 988 202 1449
Now that Ramadan is over, if anyone has anything they would like to share about their experience we would be happy to share it via the newsletter. Please email anything you would like shared to email@example.com, and I will see that it gets shared. Thanks in advance!
AIMS OF THE (Subud) ASSOCIATION
1. To facilitate the worship of Almighty God through the Latihan Kejiwaan of Subud and to provide for the other needs of the Subud membership.
2. To preserve the practice of the Latihan Kejiwaan so that it will remain available to people everywhere in the form in which it was originally practiced under the guidance of Muhammad Subuh Sumohadiwidjojo.
3. To protect the good reputation of Subud.
4. To encourage peace, harmony and understanding between peoples regardless of their ethnic origin or religion.
5. To provide educational and other facilities for the development of the full potential of human beings.
6. To relieve poverty and deprivation.
7. To encourage the development of a healthy and harmonious inner and outer environment for the well-being of mankind.
8. To encourage cultural activities and the values which enliven and enrich the human spirit.
9. To encourage the entrepreneurial spirit which enables people to express their true talents and develop the capacity to improve the quality of their lives.
10. To make available information concerning the Latihan Kejiwaan of Subud.
For those Subud members who are observing Ramadan:
The last ten days:
This is a period of receiving the Lailatul Qodar (the Nights of Power), and this is sent by God on the 21st, 23rd, 25th, 27th and 29th nights of the fast. This Lailatul Qodar is not something that falls from above, but it forms a certain power which can change our state.
Most of the Subud members who fasted felt, after completing the fast, there were changes to their inner. Mostly, their spirit to worship God became stronger and also the intention of doing ‘prihatin’ became stronger.
TAK-BARAN: (30th day Ramadan):
The last day of fasting. Sundown marks the end of the month.
IDUL-FITRI: (The Night of Forgiveness):
At the end of Ramadan, we again take a full bath and put on new clothes, and then we should go to our family and our friends and ask forgiveness for whatever sins we have committed against them. This is a time of special celebration and thanks to Almighty God. Praise be to the One Almighty God. Amin!
I found more photos of Rini and thought I would share with the group. Click the link to see them. Rini was a longtime member of Subud Greater Seattle who passed on in Indonesia a few months ago.
Latest SGS News
The Subud Greater Seattle Dewan met Saturday morning May 9th to review and adopt the revised budget as prepared by Treasurer Oswald Norton. The new budget is based on the current situation, with no Airbnb income and a donation level based on the average for the year so far. Under this scenario, our projected shortfall for the year would be around $4,000.
The Airbnb listing is being changed to a whole house rental rather than individual rooms. We are not yet projecting the income that whole house rental might generate, due to the uncertainty of the current social and economic situation.
Your Dewan is monitoring the budget and will keep you informed of our financial status. If you would like a copy of the revised budget please contact Oswald Norton at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you, Oswald, for all your hard work on the budget revisions.
Subud Greater Seattle’s Building in 1974
The Tuesday Men’s Helper schedule has been updated through September. It is found via the drop down from Latihan Schedule and is also here:
Subud Tuesday 2020 Men’s Helper Schedule
Quiet Time 11am. Latihan via phone until further notice.
May 12 – Paul E Nelson
May 19 – Elisha Gullixson
May 26 – Aakarsh Gottumukkala
June 2 – Sebastian Tedrow
June 9 – Paul E Nelson
June 16 – Elisha Gullixson
June 23 – Aakarsh Gottumukkala
June 30 – Sebastian Tedrow
July 7 – Paul E Nelson
July 14 – Elisha Gullixson
July 21 – Aakarsh Gottumukkala
July 28 – Sebastian Tedrow
August 4 – Paul E Nelson
August 11 – Elisha Gullixson
August 18 – Aakarsh Gottumukkala
August 25 – Sebastian Tedrow
September 1 – Paul E Nelson
September 8 – Elisha Gullixson
September 15 – Aakarsh Gottumukkala
September 22 – Sebastian Tedrow
September 29 – Paul E Nelson
From Rayma Norton:
Subud Greater Seattle latihans:
Every week on Fridays via phone ‘Til Further Notice.
Quiet starts at 7:45PM, latihan at 8PM.
Men and women may dial in on any of the following numbers, then use either the men’s or women’s code below to access your call:
1 (425) 436-6260
1 (712) 832-8330
1 (605) 475-2879
Women’s latihan line: use access code 242 6147
Men’s latihan line: use access code 863 2438
It is not certain if the Menucha gathering will be happening this November. In the near future there will be a survey going out to get an idea of how many people would be interested in attending Menucha this year, and the decision will be based on member response to the survey. Could we also stage our Regional Congress on the Sunday afternoon of Menucha?
Would you be interested in a Zoom meeting to gather member input? Leave a reply above.