Please be aware that due to a number of members being out of Town for the next two weeks we have cancelled the Eastside latihan for the next two Fridays (September 30 and October 7th). Please consider joining us in Bellevue for latihan at 7:45 on October 14.
For over 20 years, I have driven the 400 mile/7 ½ hour excursion from Arcata to Corbett, a small town along the Columbia Gorge east of Portland, Oregon. The Fall Foliage is enticing to someone from Redwood Country. The cool and sometimes rainy climate feels like home to a Northern Californian, but that is not what draws me and other members of Subud California.
There is something magical in the atmosphere of the Menucha Retreat Center starting with Wright Hall, the original structure, built in the 1920’s “Northwestern architectural style.” The dark wooden beams and railings are imbued with Spiritual resin, creating a presence that draws out the most intimate expressions from those of us sharing during the morning circle and experiencing the liberation of the latihan.
As with many Subud gatherings, there are workshops – some serious, some playful but always with an inner content that sooths the soul. And we get to suggest them and vote on them. So organic.
If you haven’t experienced this safe and loving, intimate atmosphere that strips away our boundaries, it’s time you did. This is an opportunity to make new friends and build community – it isn’t like any other Subud event you have attended. The dates are November 10-13, Thursday through Sunday. Do come.
Halima Collingwood with Hanafi Libman. Together they hosted our past Entertainment Nights
Halima with Rosana Schutte having Entertainment night fun.
Donations from members who can give more than their registration amount have always been a part of our annual Kedjiwaan Gathering at the Menucha Retreat and Conference center. It’s allowed hundreds of members over the years to attend this weekend of renewal who didn’t have the financial means to pay.
With the increase in charges from Menucha that the region has had to add to our minimal registration fee, the need is great this year.
4 Ways to donate to our Assistance Fund:
1. Add Donation when you register. There is a box at the bottom of your summary labeled “Assistance Fund” (see example). You can include your donation there. Just be sure to enter the amount before clicking Complete Registration button.
2. Add member to your own registration: If you are coming this year, and you know that there is someone who just can’t afford to, you can gift them their registration by paying for their registration at the same time you register yourself.
3. Gift member their registration: Do you know someone who would love to come to this event, but doesn’t have the funds? If you can’t come this year, due to your inability to travel, why not gift someone you know would love to be here by registering them and paying their way to this event. Just use the registration form to do so.
4. Donate directly to the Subud PNW Menucha Assistance Fund: If you can’t attend but don’t know of anyone to support, you can contribute directly to our Assistance Fund. Please click this link to be taken to the Donate Page for Subud PNW where you can either pay by PayPal or by sending a check directly to our Subud PNW regional Chair Sherwin O’Bar.
1. Subud Pacific Northwest will host a Zoom social on Sunday, September 25th at 1PM. More information to follow.
2. Be sure to register soon for Menucha, November 10th-13th. All registrations must be completed and paid in full by October 15 .
Photos from our Kejiwaan day at the Subud house, Sunday September 11, 2022. We listened to a talk by Bapak which seemed very pertinent to our current situation and enjoyed delicious food prepared by the ladies! Thanks to all who participated!
Click the link below to see the photos.
We have two events coming up, a Kedjiwaan day this Sunday the 11th, and Menucha
For our Kedjiwaan day of Sunday, September 11,we will have a talk Bapak gave at Wisma Mulia. It is less than an hour We can listen to it right after latihan, gathering at the women’s latihan hall. Traditionally men have sat one side and women on the other.
After the talk we will have a potluck lunch and then whatever we feel to do….play a game, chat, test…hang out..
Menucha will be November 10-13th. More information here: